Coverclad Services were instructed to carry out industrial roofing repairs in Banbury to a commercial unit. The gutters were severely rusted and corroded, the plastisol coating on the roof sheets was in very poor condition and the external rooflights were fibrous and in need of replacing.
Our main tasks included the following:
- Wash down the industrial roof and wall cladding to the entire perimeter, using jet wash and manual brush works where needed.
- Remove the external skin rooflights and replace with new to match existing.
- Prepare and treat the perimeter gutter lengths and hip valley gutters with Giromax HPG. Due to the poor state of the perimeter gutters, a decision was made to change the specification from Giromax to a Plygene Gutter Liner in those areas, and to install gutter support sleeves where needed.
- Prepare and treat the existing flat plate overclad system (cut edges and entire plates) with Giromax.
- Prepare and treat areas of spotted roof sheet delamination as well as cut edge corrosion to the eaves, mid-laps and rooflight tops with Giromax.
- Install foam fillers to the hips and ridges where needed and replace all roof fixings (main fixings and stitchers), plus works to several flu penetrations (hot flus, service ducts, soil stacks, dektights, soaker flashings).
Photos from the industrial roofing repairs in Banbury are below. If you require industrial roofing and cladding services then please contact us on 01384 573088. Alternatively you can send us a message or telephone us on 07976 726770 if you are in need of an emergency callout.