Coverclad Services was contracted to carry out industrial roofing and cladding works as part of a tower entrance construction project in Swansea. The tower was being installed to coincide with several other units along a commercial terrace which had already been upgraded.
Our works were carried out over a 14 week period, encompassing often one but sometimes two of our industrial roofing and cladding teams. We constantly worked in and around other contractors and adapted to changes in schedules and order of works.
Assignment of our industrial roofing and cladding works included the following:
- Removal of existing composite wall cladding, internal wall liners and bull nosed soffits.
- Cut out existing roof sheets and gutter section from the front elevation to accommodate new tower.
- Supply and install Kingspan Micro-Rib 1000 composite panels, with pre-formed mitred corners (at request of client) to the unit front elevation and the new tower block, plus all accompanying insulation, liners, flashings and sills. Re-use existing composite panels where possible.
- Supply and install insulated composite roofing panels to the tower canopy, abutments to the roof, bull nose fascia, step joint sill and accompanying insulation, soffit planks and support angles, perimeter weather flashings, rear base sill and ledger, and newly constructed gutter section with associated rain water pipes to the rear of the tower.
- Supply and install small composite panel and base sill to low level canopy, plus bull nose fascia, box enclosure to the gutter, and associated rain water pipes.
- Remedial works to the existing 20m wide by 6m high by 50m deep main unit, including replacement of all rooflights and roof fixings, treatment of cut edge corrosion with Giromax, roof coating repairs using Giromax, gutter preparation and installation of Giromax HPG system, bull nose fascia and soffit works, front fenestration insulation works, isolated wall cladding sheet repairs and fixing replacements, over-spray of graffiti markings and other works to hip and ridge flashings.
Photos from the tower entrance construction project in Swansea are below. If you require industrial roofing and cladding works then please don’t hesitate to contact us at Coverclad Services. We serve commercial clients all over the UK.